Sunday 4 May 2014

Baby Showers and Spring Flowers...

Good Morning all you lovely people. I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend and have all been well. Sorry for my disappearance lately...I could tell you why but then I would have to add a moaning tag to the post and this post is far too pretty for that!

It has been a bit crazy in these parts lately, there have been family visits, school holidays, baby showers and men in uniform...yum!

Lets start with flowers. Nowadays I buy fresh flowers ALL the time. In fact it is rare that I go shopping anywhere and not bring some home with me. I love them. But this wasn't always the case.
Each time I am in my little kitchen snipping, and pruning a new bouquet or two and gently and precisely adding them to jugs or vases my husband always like to remind me of when we first met and the opinions I had on bought flowers.
"A waste of money, all they are going to do is die! I would rather have something I can keep!"
Yes! That was my opinion back then, but like I say to him now,
"that was before my depression hit rock bottom and I realised that flowers are a beautiful way to brighten up your day, natures very own anti-depressant!"

This is exactly why flowers are now so important to me. To walk up my path and have a cheery colourful bouquet greeting me in the window is uplifting and immediately makes me smile, even if I have had the crappiest day. I am home and my home is lovely and filled with the simplest, lovely things.











Now on to something that has really brought a smile to my face. My best friends bump!
I always think when someone so close to you is expecting you travel with them on each step of their journey. You comfort them when they are going through dreaded morning sickness that makes them look like death.
You call them fatty as the bump grows larger and larger. Moan when said bump doesn't kick on demand, and gently try and persuade them to add your name to bumps when they arrive...no? just me then?!?

Obviously as a friend or sister you can't go through everything with them, it is their journey and it is happening to them, but we get all the fun bits and can make the journey a little more joyous and exciting.
That is why I love the idea of baby showers. A new concept to these shores but a fab gift from our friends over the pond.
And of course I jumped right in...no silly games though, we are all far too interested in cake to be bothered about games :)
This is the fat one...no this is Becky and she is positively blooming and nowhere near as fat as I was hoping thinking she would get ;)






We went with cute pink tea party and it was a big success. We had a fabulous time, cooing over baby clothes and little gifts, baby names and bump.

I love my friend and I was so happy that I could do this for her, and hopefully it will be something wonderful she can treasure. A very pretty and yummy step on this journey xxx

Happy Sunday xx


6 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful friend to have treated your girlfriend to such a lovely shower.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore flowers too...they really do brighten your day. The photographs of those flowers are lovely. The baby shower looks so perfect! I love the wee tiny bottles of pink lemonade...so sweet.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely of you to throw you're friend a baby shower and wow the table looks amazing, I'm a big fan of cheer up flowers too, we should get them on the NHS
    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post to start my blog catch up with! Love the spring flowers (love everything about spring) and the baby (and mama) shower photos look awesome! Congrats to the Mama-to-be Becky:)
    Blessings,
    Aimee
    PS: LOVE pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely shower you gave her. I'm sure she'll always remember it. I used to feel the same about flowers, I think. Well, maybe I thought wildflowers were too much like weeds and the garden flowers were too special to clip. So I never had any flowers inside! Then I wised up and started taking any flowers I could find. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and wonderful Emma - the blooms, your friend, the pink china, everything! You really do appreciate and love wholeheartedly! xoJoy

    ReplyDelete